查看: 2554|回復: 2
打印 上一主題 下一主題

[分享] To run TextMaker 2002 for HPC in my S3

[複製鏈接]
Babe 該用戶已被刪除
跳轉到指定樓層
1#
發表於 2003-11-21 17:25 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽
I purchased the TextMaker 2002 for HPC from SoftMaker, however, it does not support S3 and I cannot ‘install’ the program into my S3.  Thanks for the support from SoftMaker, I can run TextMaker in my S3 now.  Below is the method they told me:

1. Unzip the self extracting zip file.  Extract the folders COMMON and the folder of the CPU type (eg. ARM) into the new directory /folder.  Dictionary files in SPELL folder called *.hyp (hyphenation), *.dcn (dictionary) and *.thn (thesaurus), placed in the same folder where tmp is located.

Note: You do not have to copy all the dictionary files, in my case, I only copy the UK English (ukeng = UK English, useng = US English)

2.  Put the folder onto the SD card and start the program ‘tmp’ from the S3.

Note:  I do not copy any file into main memory.  I run it directly from SD card.  Error will occur if I use the help function, because the program will look for the help file tmce.htc from \windows\.  It is OK for me to save the memory in my S3.

3. Change the GUI language to English by ‘Weiteres>Einstelungen>Aussehen’ and change the ‘Sprache’ to whatever you want.  After that, the menu should display in English.  Also, change ‘Weiteres>Einstellungen>Sprache’ (After changed the language, this step should be: Extras>Preferences>Language>Default language - in my case ‘English(UK)’ will be found, because I only have the UK files as mentioned in ‘1’.

4.  If you need more fonts provided by TextMaker or download from their web site, copy the font files into the fonts directory of the system (e.g. \windows\fonts)

Short review:
I have no problem to use TextMaker, just like using MS word.  I type this document by TextMaker in my S3, so far so good.  Although some problem occurred at the beginning but soon I had fixed it.  I also try the spell check, it picks my error

I am happy to use this program, however, it does not support Chinese, hope that their next version will support Chinese.  I will write to SoftMaker if they can do something to make the S3 user to install the program easier.  

PS. When I tried to open this document by TextMaker in my desktop, some words are missing, but no problem to open the same file by MS Word.  I am using Chinese windows 98, not sure it is the problem of Chinese OS or the HPC TMC version is not 100% compatible.

Kelvin C. 兄沒介紹錯, 這軟體真的很好用及非常超值(US$11.11).  又如 Matika 兄說 "If you like it, buy it"

[ Last edited by Babe on 2003-11-21 at 17:31 ]
分享淘帖0 分享分享0 收藏收藏0 頂0 踩0

主題

好友

積分

該用戶從未簽到

文章
2#
發表於 2003-11-21 17:35 |只看該作者

Re: [分享] To run TextMaker 2002 for HPC in my S3

歡迎加入TextMaker的行列,
好軟體絕對要以具體行動來支持
Kevin C.的部落格 -- 一個提供EPOC & HPC 新聞,旅遊攝影的個人手札 [url]http://www.blogtw.com/blog.php?user=kevinchang[/url] [url]http://blog.sina.com.tw/weblog.php?blog_id=3324[/url]
回復

使用道具 舉報

Babe 該用戶已被刪除
3#
發表於 2003-11-21 17:46 |只看該作者

Re: [分享] To run TextMaker 2002 for HPC in my S3

Originally posted by Kevin C. at 2003-11-21 05:35 PM:
歡迎加入TextMaker的行列,
好軟體絕對要以具體行動來支持

說實話, 若不是大減價, 我未必會立即購買而先使用trial version.

[ Last edited by Babe on 2003-11-21 at 18:05 ]
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 免費註冊

與站長聯繫| PALMisLIFE 掌上生活      下載:更快、更棒、更好玩

GMT+8, 2024-9-30 06:21 , Processed in 0.070124 second(s), 39 queries , Gzip On.