好友

積分

該用戶從未簽到

文章
跳轉到指定樓層
1#
發表於 2002-12-5 00:58 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽
to: Formosa
Thx for your help.  I will ask hotel to mark me each place you indicated on Map.
The wind was too cold last night.  I was afraid my nose will drop itself! ha!
分享淘帖0 分享分享0 收藏收藏0 頂0 踩0

主題

好友

積分

該用戶從未簽到

文章
2#
發表於 2002-11-26 02:49 |只看該作者

[討論] 多倫多自主遊

[sorry, 原文因為按錯鍵所以已經被cover了-_-]
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

好友

積分

該用戶從未簽到

文章
3#
發表於 2002-12-10 11:01 |只看該作者

回覆: [討論] 多倫多自主遊

剛才整理行李時, 看見一本『魔戒特展』的英文導覽手冊(全彩印刷), 是我在多倫多的Royal Ontario Museum買門票參觀The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers Exhibit附贈的。我覺得在魔戒電影裡所使用的道具真的很棒, 喜歡魔戒的朋友, 請留姓名和地址給我, 我可以把這本導覽手冊寄給你。
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

好友

積分

該用戶從未簽到

文章
4#
發表於 2002-11-26 03:02 |只看該作者

Re:[討論] 多倫多自主遊

"...打算在YOUNGE街來來回回給它好好走一回..."

If that's the case, DOWNCOAT is almost a "must"!  Plus it's on the lake, the windchill factor might make you feel even colder.  Check the weather channel (http://www.weather.com) when time is close to have more precise information.

Plus, if it is snowing, be careful about what kind of shoes you are wearing.  The best choices are those with clear and deep embossed pattern on the back of the shaft.  But no need to wear climbing shoes unless the bad weather is extreme.

Collect more local information before you leave.  Enjoy!
"It is in changing that we find purpose." — Heraclitus
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

好友

積分

該用戶從未簽到

文章
5#
發表於 2002-11-26 05:17 |只看該作者

回覆: Re:[討論] 多倫多自主遊

Dear cssu,
Thx 4 yr info.!  I'm trying to collect info. abt DOWNCOAT & others now boz my speaking & listening are poor.  For the weather, it will be "Rain/Snow Showers".  I guess my shoes will be wet very soon.  Btw, have you ever been to Delta Chelsea hotel?  There is SPA services and it sounds like not bad in a cold day.  My travel agency booked one room for me in this hotel.  I just would like to relax in this trip and not expect being too tired.  That's the reason I choose Younge Str. to be my main visiting.  I like taking a walk, window shopping & enjoying local food!  Should you have any further info. abt Younge Str., please share with me again!  What you do will be appreciated!
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

好友

積分

該用戶從未簽到

文章
6#
發表於 2002-11-26 06:29 |只看該作者

The downcoat or downjacket with zipper is better than with button, right?  After checking my almirah, I only have one downcoat with button so it is not warm enough in windchill.  Someone just suggested me to wear like an onion (shirt-> t-shirt-> sweater-> down jacket..).  It is very interesting.
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

好友

積分

該用戶從未簽到

文章
7#
發表於 2002-11-26 10:24 |只看該作者

Re:[討論] 多倫多自主遊

I was only in Tornoto for a short period of time (around one month) during winter season and it was long time ago.  Therefore, regarding to the detail, there are someone who are more qualified than I am.  But, you can check couple of websites (Expedia.com, fodors.com, etc) to collect some info.

I focus on weather since I am been in midwest part of US for the last 8 years and Toronto is very similar (weather-wise).  Walking during the winter is usually pain in the ass, but you might get lucky once a while.  Onion-like dressing is not my top choice.  Instead, semi-casual within big coat might be better choice.  Most of the buildings will have heater inside, and a good downcost should be able to keep you warm in chilly days (well, not too chilly of course).  Besides, a semi-casual (or semi-formal) can get you into any occasions without embrassing yourself.  Just my 2 cents.  Oh, don't forget gloves and scarf (normal ones should do the trick.  You don't need to buy down gloves unless you are afraid of cold very much).  They can protect your hands and EARS (important to cover your ear if you want to walk around during winter!)

And also, if your time is limited, you might want to consider using "tourbus".  Basically, it will stop on plenty of famous locations and its interval is around every 20~30 minutes.  Just hop on the bus, let it take you to the next tourist spot.  If you don't like it, get back to the next one and go to next location.  Each route will cover somewhere between 20~25 stops.  This is what I did when I visited Toronto the first time and I like it!  You can ask for the details on the hotel receiption desk.

Anyone from Toronto?  Maybe you can give him more advise.  But most importantly, have fun!
"It is in changing that we find purpose." — Heraclitus
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

好友

積分

該用戶從未簽到

文章
8#
發表於 2002-11-26 14:18 |只看該作者

聽說 Yonge 街是全世界最長的街  
1 Yonge Street 是在安大略湖的 Toronto Star 報社
Yonge 的另一端是北安大略省和密西根周交界 好像在 Thunderbay 那邊
掉牙仙子確定要來回走完?

我覺得 Downcoat 並不是必要 看個人體質和天氣
現在白天也好像還沒到零度
倒是脖子和手指得防禦較為重要
可能的話外套還是以行動方便為優先考量

除了 Yonge 之外在市中心還有幾個推薦的地方

1. Queen St. W
2. Avenue Rd. & Cumberland St.
3. PATH 地下街
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

好友

積分

該用戶從未簽到

文章
9#
發表於 2002-11-27 03:23 |只看該作者

to: cssu  
I'm very happy hving yr experience!  It's so touching.  I plan to take tourbus & subway!  Wish me luck!
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

好友

積分

該用戶從未簽到

文章
10#
發表於 2002-11-27 03:36 |只看該作者

回覆: 回覆: [討論] 多倫多自主遊-----------------------------7d21c23b880Co

to: Jyzz
嘻!! Yonge Str. 太長囉~我走不完!!  感謝你指點迷津呀!  晚上整理了一下收集來的資料, 這次出遊會以Delta Chelsea Hotel為中心點吧! 室內活動要再多多了解, 因為怕自己受不了風雨的寒冷。我現在正在閱讀出國旅遊的中英對照書,  書上列出美式英語及英式英語的慣用單字表, 想請問你, 加拿大是哪個語系呢?
回復

使用道具 舉報

11#
無效樓層,該帖已經被刪除

主題

好友

積分

該用戶從未簽到

文章
12#
發表於 2002-12-3 03:09 |只看該作者

Formosa wrote:
我英文不好, 不過我覺得 加拿大是美式英語的...可是有時候又不是, for example, "Center" and "Centre".  Although both are the same, but Canada use "Centre".

誰說美國沒有在用"Centre"的?我這裡就是Centre County.有一份報紙叫Centre Daily Times.
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

好友

積分

該用戶從未簽到

文章
13#
發表於 2002-12-3 03:14 |只看該作者

回覆: 回覆: 回覆: [討論] 多倫多自主遊-----------------------------7d21c2

掉牙仙子 wrote:
加拿大是哪個語系呢?

除了Quebec是法語區(Celine Dion的家鄉),其它都是英語區.
回復

使用道具 舉報

14#
無效樓層,該帖已經被刪除

主題

好友

積分

該用戶從未簽到

文章
15#
發表於 2002-12-3 03:19 |只看該作者

現在連美國賓州都只有零下5度,多倫多一定是冷的一蹋糊塗.多帶衣服不會被熱死,少帶衣服一定會凍死.
回復

使用道具 舉報

16#
無效樓層,該帖已經被刪除

主題

好友

積分

該用戶從未簽到

文章
17#
發表於 2002-12-4 10:26 |只看該作者

回覆: 回覆: [討論] 多倫多自主遊

hxh167 wrote:
現在連美國賓州都只有零下5度,多倫多一定是冷的一蹋糊塗.多帶衣服不會被熱死,少帶衣服一定會凍死.

You are right@@..too cold here.  The wind is terrible for me.  Sometimes, the skin on my face lost feel.
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

好友

積分

該用戶從未簽到

文章
18#
發表於 2002-12-4 10:29 |只看該作者

Formosa wrote:
哈~ 說的好...
btw, that's why I'm skipping my class today and stay home 避寒,冬眠啊~

I wonder how long you will stay at home@@?!
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

好友

積分

該用戶從未簽到

文章
19#
發表於 2002-12-4 10:32 |只看該作者

Formosa wrote:
現在 多倫多 很~~~冷~~~~ 建議帶手套, 衛生褲,套頭綿帽子,圍巾 和 厚厚的外套~~~
我英文不好, 不過我覺得 加拿大是美式英語的...可是有時候又不是, for example, "Center" and "Centre".  Although both are the same, but Canada use "Centre".
But you don't really need to care which one Canada use, as long as it's "English" lar~

Thanks for your info.  Do you know where supermarket is near Delta Chelsea Hotel (downtown)?  I would like to buy some food back Taiwan.
回復

使用道具 舉報

20#
無效樓層,該帖已經被刪除
21#
無效樓層,該帖已經被刪除
22#
無效樓層,該帖已經被刪除

主題

好友

積分

該用戶從未簽到

文章
23#
發表於 2002-12-5 10:23 |只看該作者

Formosa wrote:
No problem lar~  
ya~ it's very COLD~~~  
>____<

my coat kiss pizza last night so I sent it to dryclean today.  I only wear sweater then went to ChinaTown in the afternoon.  I found there was only me who did not wear a jacket or a coat on the streets today. @@/~ ho

My feet are too tired.  I plan to find a local tour company, Safeway co., to take me to Niagara Falls tomorrow.  I saw people wear raincoat in a picture while went to see Niagara Falls.  Will it be too cold to see it now?

Toronto is an old fashion city.  I met lots of Chinese people on the streets.  An old Chinese lady past me a copy of newpaper about falundafa near Chinatown.  She told me how she felt about it.  Guess what.  I met her three times while I walked in different streets. @@  She was kinda busy, too.

Somehow, I felt a little sad when I walked between streets.  My tear almost drop.  Toronto makes me cry.
回復

使用道具 舉報

24#
無效樓層,該帖已經被刪除

主題

好友

積分

該用戶從未簽到

文章
25#
發表於 2002-12-5 15:10 |只看該作者

回覆: 回覆: Re:[討論] 多倫多自主遊

掉牙仙子 wrote:

Thanks for your info.  Do you know where supermarket is near Delta Chelsea Hotel (downtown)?  I would like to buy some food back Taiwan.

抱歉前陣子出了一趟門  現在才回你

There is a fair-sized ValueMart at the basement of Manulife Financial Tower (Bay & Bloor --checkout BayBloorRadio if you are into AV)
If you walk up or down from Bay St., you should also find some Rabbi's 24hr.
Dominions (24hr) is located at Bloor & Spadina.  Should be convinent if you take the subway.
For larger and quality supermarkets, you can try Loblaws @ lakeshore.  Otherwise, you may need a car to get uptown.

Eaton Centre / Atrium on Bay is walkable from Delta Chelsea.
From there, take the PATH (地下街) and you can spend LOTs of time to get to know the other aspect of downtown Toronto.  It can even take to all the way to SkyDome and CN tower.

<Other places of interest downtown>
-I think I already mentioned Queens St. West (fashion street),
-also Yorkville @ Cumberland St. and Avenue Rd. (guess it's the Beverley Hills of Toronto)
-King St. W. of University Ave is the Theatre District and TSO
-University of Toronto (my alma mater)

<Recommended Good Eats Downtown>
Le Biftheque Steakhouse @ Sheraton Centre
Movenpick Marche @ BCE place
Canoe @ TD Tower
Panorama @ Manulife Centre
Sassfarass @ Yorkville (Cumberland, behind Chapters bookstore)
**麗華軒 @ Metropolitan Hotel (chestnut & dundas)
***帝苑 across from Roy Thompson Hall

其實我不覺得多倫多是一個老城市
也許地廣人希 會有不太集中的感覺
跟很多美國東岸的幾個大城市比起來 他的規劃還算不錯
這幾個月來在市中心的發展相當的頻繁
街頭上的遊民現象固然是一個社會問題
但是這個城市的活力應該還是可以在其他地方找得到的
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

好友

積分

該用戶從未簽到

文章
26#
發表於 2002-12-9 18:43 |只看該作者

To: sliaa
太不可思議囉! 多倫多到處都是中國人@_@..講中文就可以通了!  
我在多倫多講不到幾句英文C_C..
看見中國城&其它有中國風味的地方, 覺得好像是我阿媽那個時代的......., 好老.........
瀑布沒有去看, 因為當地旅行社出團的日期, 我已離開多倫多T_T..
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

好友

積分

該用戶從未簽到

文章
27#
發表於 2002-12-9 18:54 |只看該作者

回覆: 回覆: 回覆: Re:[討論] 多倫多自主遊

To: Jyzz
謝謝你提供這麼多資訊給我呀!  
我在多倫多走路走到迷路:o  
腳痛~隔天都沒辦法出去逛街街><
我每天吃不同口味的雞肉蓋飯(是用我最愛吃的泰國米^_^)
實在太好吃了..........

會覺得sad, 我想也是因為天氣太冷的緣故吧, 大地蕭條, 但是當我看見好多松鼠在我面前跳來跳去時, 竟忘了我站在寒風中.....
回復

使用道具 舉報

28#
無效樓層,該帖已經被刪除

主題

好友

積分

該用戶從未簽到

文章
29#
發表於 2002-12-9 20:11 |只看該作者

To: Ruze  
謝謝你詳細的說明呀! 下回我會在多倫多待久一點,  而且會在氣候宜人時去@_@/~YA!
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

好友

積分

該用戶從未簽到

文章
30#
發表於 2002-12-10 15:37 |只看該作者

回覆: 回覆: [討論] 多倫多自主遊

掉牙仙子 wrote:
剛才整理行李時, 看見一本『魔戒特展』的英文導覽手冊(全彩印刷), 是我在多倫多的Royal Ontario Museum買門票參椐q影裡所使用的道具真的很棒, 喜歡魔戒的朋友, 請留姓名和地址給我, 我可以把這本導覽手冊寄給你。

已經沒有了, 請不用再來信。
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 免費註冊

與站長聯繫| PALMisLIFE 掌上生活      下載:更快、更棒、更好玩

GMT+8, 2024-5-6 12:52 , Processed in 0.070108 second(s), 31 queries , Gzip On.